Responsibilities / Introduction
Summary of Job Description:
To provide the national sales team with the leadership, direction and resources to ensure sales targets are exceeded and to liaise with marketing personnel to ensure short and long term sales strategies are applied by the team.
- Inspire and direct the activities of the national sales group for the achievement of short and long term business objectives, increased sales and market share.
- Translating marketing strategies into day-to-day working sales and promotional strategy and driving the implementation of this through Sales Representatives.
- Work with Business Unit Manager to set and achieve in-field targets including sales, call rate and plan of action.
- Implement and coach sales team in the understanding and adoption of the “Challenger” model and
- Create a culture of trust, whilst challenging the status quo and driving for results.
- Proactive and ongoing targeting of key customers to reach brand team and sales team goals.
- Develop and manage the expense budget within plan by allocating monies appropriately and regularly monitoring performance.
- People Management responsibilities e.g. recruitment, retention, development plans, succession planning, training etc.
- Actively seek, identify, analyse, and present new business opportunities and improvement ideas to senior management on an ongoing basis.
- Effectively manage agreed projects to deliver high-quality work product in a timely fashion (meets deadlines).
- To identify and achieve growth opportunities through business development of new and existing accounts
- Tertiary Qualifications in a science, business or management discipline or equivalent
- Comprehensive industry knowledge
- Experience leading in dynamic or changing environments
- 8 years of experiencse in FMCG pharmaceutical skincare product sales
Essential Skills & Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills
- Coaching skills, with a focus on coaching for maximum performance
- Customer and patient focus
- Strong analytical skills
- High influence and negotiation skills
- Results orientation
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- High emotional intelligence, with strong resilience and adaptability skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
SHARE THIS JOB