Responsibilities / Introduction
1. You are responsible for the overall production operation and for production planning and to ensure that such a plan is within the availability of manpower and production capacity.
2. To ensure that the product is strictly produced according to product specifications and standard operating procedures.
3. To ensure that all non-conforming products are properly identified, segregate and submitted for management review.
4. To continuously look into ways to enhance the productivity of the production department by utilising machine capacity and manpower in an optimum way.
5. To motivate operators, line leaders and supervisors and to promote good morale and teamwork.
6. To supervise and evaluate the performance of production personnel (quality inspectors, workers etc.)
7. To promote safety awareness in production and to minimise industrial accidents.
8. To ensure consistently high quality in finished goods.
9. Overseeing compliance of safety regulations within the local guidelines in the overall operation of the factory.
10. Report to upper management.
1. The candidate must possess at least an Advanced/Higher/Graduate Diploma, Bachelor Degree, Post Graduate Diploma, Professional Degree, Engineering (Mechanical), Engineering (Electrical/Electronic), Engineering (Mechatronic/Electromechanical) or equivalent.
2. Proven experience as a production manager (or with relevant experience) with deep knowledge of production management.
3. At least 5 year(s) of working experience in the manufacturing production line
4. Understanding of quality standards and health & safety regulations
5. Knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts
6. Experience in reporting on key production metrics
7. Excellent organizational and leadership skills
8. Attention to detail
9. Strong decision-making skills and a results-driven approach