- Responsible for development and system integration of Polisy/400 Applications solutions.
- Maintain helicopter view of overall operations
- Management of reporting staff on work allocation and priorities including project resource requirements.
- Manage business owners’ and users’ expectations.
- Plan and conduct feasibility studies and functional analysis of business requirement
- Direct and coordinates with various teams on systems impacts and timelines including testing and implementation.
- Conduct resource planning and recruitment.
- Ensure the application are designed and tested as per required standards.
- Ensure software changes control is on place and documentation is maintained accurately.
- Monitor and provide status report including escalation to management as required.
- Ensure continuous improvement of IT quality objectives and procedures/WI.
- Evaluate alternative systems solutions / functionalities and make appropriate recommendations to superiors.
- Assist in compilation of business case for IT projects.
- Ensure IT helpdesk log is being resolved within the standard timeline when required.
- Assist in other related duties and responsibilities as may be delegated
- Tertiary qualifications preferably computer-related disciplines.
- At least 6 years working experience in development and preferable 2 years in people management.
- Project and Vendor Management is an advantage.
- Insurance exposure is an advantage.
- Polisy/400 Application Development Techniques
- Programming Languages – COBOL/400, COBOL
- Databases – AS400 DB
- Application Framework – SMART/400
- Platform – AS/400
- Integration – MQ, MSP Web Services, ODBC
- Other – AS/400 Query and commands
- Polisy/400 Application Knowledge
- Business Process Flow and Analysis skills.
- Multi-server system integration.
- Project Management techniques.
- Technology trends and directions.
- IT Security Awareness.
- Basic general insurance knowledge
- Good understanding of operational and information needs of an insurance operations
SHARE THIS JOB
RELATED OPENING JOBS
Assistant Manager, Polisy400